Central Texas College Adult Education Department offers a GED/ESL class at LCHEC to help those seeking to pass the high school equivalency exam (GED). Advance registration is required; walk-ins are not permitted.
Meeting Days: TBA
Time: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Cost: Free (includes tuition, fees, and materials)
- Call CTC at 254-526-1449 to enroll.
- Seating is limited. Students will be placed on a waiting list if class is full.
- CTC will contact you with class information and approved start date.
- Bring your drivers license (or ID) and Social Security card to your first class.
- Note: LCHEC staff cannot enroll students in the GED program, nor confirm status.
- Central Texas College offers the General Education Development (GED) CBT examination for those who have not completed a formal high school education and are at least 18 years of age.
- To register for the exam, go to www.GEDtestingservice.com. There, you can create an account with Pearson-VUE, schedule your test, and pay the exam fee online.
High School Equivalency Program
The purpose of the High School Equivalency Program (HSEP) is to prepare eligible students to pass the high school equivalency exams instead of earning a high school diploma. The HSEP website also provides information about alternative educational opportunities, some are free of charge and others have a fee. We recommend you talk to your school counselor regarding your options.